Thinking of buying a gas fire pit? It is the perfect way to beat the chill of the winter or sit around it with friends reminiscing about old times! The gas-powered pit has been subjected to quite a bit of comparison with a wood burning one, but it is much better because of the following reasons:
- A gas burning pit eliminates the accumulation of smoke, debris, and ashes. Stray particles might cause fatal accident at times and the smoke released from wood fires can contaminate the quality of air. This is a huge risk, especially if children or pets are sitting around the fire.
- You can easily adjust the intensity of a gas fire – regulate the light, heat, and flames as per your convenience.
- Gas models can be ignited with a switch, whereas you need to keep a steady supply of logs in order to keep a wood burning pit going. Moreover, the logs have to be kept dry as wet or damp wood doesn’t ignite.
- A gas fire pit is not messy nor does it leave soot behind when you turn it off. Thus it doesn’t require much cleaning and maintenance.
- The operational costs of gas pits are quite reasonable as compared to most kinds of fuel.
There are different types and sizes of a gas fire pit available online. Take your time to browse through the virtual stores – buy only after you have made sure that it matches your specifications and budget.